Saturday, July 7, 2012

Random Saturday

I've been seeing this Teacher's wisdom linky on several blogs. I think I might join up. I'm not sure what fabulous wisdom I have so share but I'm going to try.


Check out what other advice teachers are giving. You might learn something.
Fabulously First
Another random thought for Saturday is that Dianne at Hopelessly Devoted to Teaching shared about an ipad giveaway at Teacher Created Resources. I'm dying for an ipad for my class so I of course headed over there and entered. The more people you refer the more chances you have. So if you are interested in signing up, I'd love it if you would follow my link to do so.Click here to check out the giveaway.
Last but not least on my random thoughts is my new sight word packet I posted on TPT this morning. We use the Treasures reading series at my school so the words that I used are based on that. This is for the first grade unit 1. But you can use these activities regardless of whether you teach using Treasures or not. There are papers to send home to introduce the words, a worksheet that includes a writing piece, sight word cards, a game to play with the cards, a magazine hunt for the words, and popcorn words 3 ways. I have a preview for the unit on TPT so you can download that for free. If you are interested, I would love for you to check it out. I hope to have 5 more of these units posted in the next few weeks.
Click here to be taken to my TPT store to get your freebie and consider purchasing my unit. While you're there I would love it if you would follow my store. I'm really terrible at marketing myself but I like this packet a lot and I worked really hard on it. I think it could be really useful to you. Anyway, enjoy your Saturday. I will hopefully be back tomorrow with my thoughts on Daily chapter 4.

4 comments:

  1. Great advice! They're good reminders for us all.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your packet looks great! I do like you reminders. I keep a bunch of my students' warm fuzzies in a desk drawer to look at on difficult days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these tips! I am your newest follower and I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow my preppy blog. I always comment back and would love to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in school to be a teacher and I love these! My mom just retired from teaching and she has given me the same advice. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete