I had pinned this making words folder a long time ago and put on my summer project board. I got the templates from Teacher Bits and Bobs. I love making words and I'm always looking for easier ways to do it. I've only made one folder but I'd like to make a class set. I wanted an example so maybe I could find a volunteer to make the rest of them.
I was inspired by Tara's post last week with some scrapbook letters she used in a project and how she organized them. So I decided to do the same for my magnetic letters. I found some organizers at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 and used stickers to label each compartment so there would be a place for each letter. I still need to make some task cards to go with the letters.
I went to school today to try to get some more done on my classroom library. (I just noticed that my foot is in the picture above. How funny!) I got all the baskets labeled and placed on the shelves. I used zip ties to attach the labels to the baskets. It was a little tedious but I think they'll stay on the baskets rather than just using tape. Here's a picture of my library so far:
I finally finished my bulletin board borders with the tissue paper. I also spiced up my calendar a little bit. I saw this tip over at Clutter Free Classroom. She suggested using ribbon to change up the calendar. I used some striped red ribbon on the border of the calendar and made my own month tags. I made some super hero ones but they didn't really match my colors. So I made some more. I think the month needs something around it but I'm not sure. I'm up for some suggestions.
Hopefully I'll get caught up on my book study of Daily 5 and some suggestions for Math Work Stations. VBS is wearing me out though so we'll see. Be sure to check out the other projects from Monday Made it.