Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Monday Made it on Tuesday again!

So I'm excited to be linking up with 4th Grade Frolics Monday Made it party for 2 weeks in a row. My goal is to link up each week for the next few weeks so I can get some of my projects for school done. Although, I keep finding more projects I want to do so the to do list is a little never ending. I can't seem to link up on Mondays because I keep my niece Sophie on Mondays and I'm exhausted by the end of the day. Plus we have Vacation Bible School this week and I'm helping in the nursery so I was doubly exhausted last night. Anyway on to my projects for the week.
I had pinned this making words folder a long time ago and put on my summer project board. I got the templates from Teacher Bits and Bobs. I love making words and I'm always looking for easier ways to do it. I've only made one folder but I'd like to make a class set. I wanted an example so maybe I could find a volunteer to make the rest of them.

Next up are some clipboards. I have been seeing all the clipboard makeovers all over blog land and I decided I'd update my clipboards a bit. I tried covering the first one in duck tape but I didn't really like that it had bumps on it. So I decided to use scrapbook paper and duck tape to do the rest of them. I'm focusing on the colors red, black and blue for most of my decorations and things in the classroom.

I need to get some more clipboards so I can have one for each kid. I'll be putting that on my wishlist for my parents.
I was inspired by Tara's post last week with some scrapbook letters she used in a project and how she organized them. So I decided to do the same for my magnetic letters. I found some organizers at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 and used stickers to label each compartment so there would be a place for each letter. I still need to make some task cards to go with the letters.


I went to school today to try to get some more done on my classroom library. (I just noticed that my foot is in the picture above. How funny!) I got all the baskets labeled and placed on the shelves. I used zip ties to attach the labels to the baskets. It was a little tedious but I think they'll stay on the baskets rather than just using tape. Here's a picture of my library so far:
I decided to add some fabric and border to the back of the book shelf. I'm thinking I'll put up my I pick poster on this space.
I finally finished my bulletin board borders with the tissue paper. I also spiced up my calendar a little bit. I saw this tip over at Clutter Free Classroom. She suggested using ribbon to change up the calendar. I used some striped red ribbon on the border of the calendar and made my own month tags. I made some super hero ones but they didn't really match my colors. So I made some more. I think the month needs something around it but I'm not sure. I'm up for some suggestions.

So those are my projects this week and what I'm working on in my room. I need to get some things put away. I've just made mess after mess in my room so tomorrow I'm going to need to put things away and find a place for some of it.
Hopefully I'll get caught up on my book study of Daily 5 and some suggestions for Math Work Stations. VBS is wearing me out though so we'll see.  Be sure to check out the other projects from Monday Made it.

5 comments:

  1. Looking good! I hope to see you at school tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have been busy!! Everything looks great! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your classroom looks amazing and I love your Made-It projects! Tomorrow I will be playing with duct tape too!

    - Vicky

    http://themadnessthatiskindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your projects turned out great. I can't believe how great your classroom looks, thanks for motivating me.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, love the borders on your b. boards!!! Love your letter organization, thanks for the shout out! I have been wanting to make those making words folders!!!! Clipboards are too cute! Thanks for linking up:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete