Friday, July 13, 2012

Fabulous Find Friday

I'm linking up with Fun in Room 4B for her Friday linky party about your fabulous finds. This is probably the only time I'm going to get to link up since I'm on a spending freeze after a trip to Big Lots.
Ok so I'm not sure that I followed all the rules with this whole linky party. I'm pretty excited about some of my recent finds. The first big one is from Big Lots. I found dry erase circles that I want to put on my table that I use for small groups. This would give kids a fun place to build words or respond to texts.
I also found some sticker dispensers from crayola that were really cheap and some large zipper pockets that I think I'm going to put math station activities or word work activities in it.
I went to Walmart Monday with my niece and found some really fun stuff in the 88 cent section. They have some really neat teacher geared things.
I found some of those smelly markers that I've seen all over blog land. I'm pretty excited about using them to grade papers. I also got some snap it things for your pencils. I'm working on an idea for rewards like erasers and these snap its for pencils. I haven't gotten it all set in my brain yet, but I'll share when I do. In the clearance section, I found some removable wall stickers in letters and then the phrase, "You are somebody's reason to smile." Not sure what I'm going to do with them but I'm sure I'll figure something out.
So those are my finds for the week. I'm going to have start finding some things in my classroom to finish decorating my room and getting ready for next year. Chris has put me on a spending halt. He was none to happy with my total spending this past week. I'm not use to having to worry about anyone else being affected by my spending. But I have lots of things in my room and my craft materials at home. I think I can finish most of the rest of the room without buying too much more. I'll probably have to avoid the dollar spot at Target and the Dollar Tree. Eeek! I'm off to Bible Study, tutoring, and then lunch with my teaching friend Sarah. I started attending a Bible study at church 2 weeks ago and I thought it started at 10:30 but it started at 10. Whoops. Don't want to be late today. Be sure to check out the other Fabulous Finds at Fun in Room 4B.




On an unrelated note, I'm guest blogging over at Kinder Kraziness. I have 2 freebies for Chicka Chicka Boom Boom so please go check it out. If you don't know Laura at Kinder Kraziness you should. She's my bloggy BFF and she's awesome. http://www.kinderkraziness.blogspot.com< /a>

10 comments:

  1. Girl, there are no rules :)
    Thanks for linking up. Sorry about your spending freeze, but I need one, too.
    You can link up next week with something that you have now that you LOVE and can't live without. My fabulous finds are all things I've had for a while :)
    Thanks, again, for linking up!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging has turned out to be a very expensive hobby for me; I see such great things/ideas/must-haves and just have to run out and get/do/hoard them!

    I am putting myself on a spending freeze until August 1! {Wish me luck!}

    ✿Lynn
    Inside this Book

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! Ahh...smelly markers- a scent-sation! :) By the way, I thought I was the only one who bought school supplies or materials that can be used for school supplies but did not have an immediate need for them, but knew I would figure something out! :>) Please check out my Blog if you have not done so! Happy riday the 13th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to head to Big Lots and see if I can find those circles!! I love those markers..I'll have to see if Wally-World here has them! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Kerri,
    I just read your guest post. Thank you for sharing the chicka stuff. :)

    Erica
    Sprinkles to Kindergarten
    erica_crowder0612@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I not know that there is an 88 cent section at WALMART! They just built a new Walmart close to my house so I may have to go on over there today! Cute stuff! Thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower! I am excited to see more of what you have to share

    Layla
    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dots! That is such a fun creative idea for guided reading! I haven't gone shopping yet, not even the Dollar Spot at Target - I don't think I can avoid it much longer!
    Laura

    Mrs. Castro's Class

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your order and for visiting my blog today! I hope you have fun using the graphics! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those dry erase boards are cool. I always forget about Big Lots when it's time for me to go back to school shopping. This year it's going to be one of the first places on my list.
    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay so I need to stay out of Big Lots before I slam through a ton of money. Those are such great finds. I have to admit I have a little tiny post on Dollar Tree and Target (shhhhhhhh) I think I need help staying out of these stores...
    Fran@kindergartencrayons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete