Monday, January 30, 2012

I've been tagged and other random things

I've been MIA from the blog world this past weekend. I was with my church on a youth retreat and didn't have time to get on the computer. Meanwhile, I got tagged twice. So I guess I better post on that. Also, I am slowly attending the kindergarten Expo. It's awesome and I'm enjoying it so far. I love Hadar's rules and routines and have started Crystal's writing workshop. It was just what I needed.
Anyway, here are the rules:
These are the Rules
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!


10 Fun Facts about me: (I know you're suppose to pick 12 but I ran out of things to say)
1. I'm getting involved in boy scouts because my fiance is a troop leader.
2. I love working with youth at church especially with girls in middle and high school.
3. I read really really fast. When I go to the beach, I usually read a book a day.
4. I'm not a pet person and my fiance is a vet.
5. My sister is my best friend and I love my niece Sophie to pieces.
6. I always wanted to be a famous writer and blogging is a good outlet for this. Even though I'm not actually famous.
7. I am getting married June 16.
8. I swam on the high school swim team which is where I met my fiance. But he's two years younger and it wasn't until a little over a year ago we reconnected and started dating.
9. I just got an iphone and I love it. I feel like I jumped on a bandwagon with it but a little late.
10. A couple of years ago I helped one of my best friends move to California. We took an awesome cross country trip that was definitely in my top 10 favorite things I've done.

Here are Laura from Kinder Kraziness's questions:
1. How many grades have you taught? 3 I taught 3rd and now I loop between first and kindergarten.
2. How many years have you taught? This is my 9th year
3. What's your favorite hobby? Blogging or reading
4. What's your favorite restaurant? Mellow Mushroom
5. What's your favorite television show? My all time favorite is Friends
6. What is your favorite movie? I don't really have one. If I had to pick, I'd say When Harry Met Sally
7. What is your favorite app? Pinterest. It's super addictive to have on my phone.
8. What is your favorite subject to teach? Reading
9. Do you like roller coasters? sometimes
10. Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
11. What's your favorite season? Fall
12. How many siblings do you have? 1 sister, and a brother in law; Soon to be a sister in law and another brother in law

Jennifer at Rowdy in First also tagged me so here are her questions:
1. Are you married and do you have kids? I'm getting married on June 16th. No kids but I can't wait to be a mom.
2. What is your favorite children's book or series? I love Harry Potter!
3. If you didn't live in your current city where would you like to live? Somewhere out west like Denver
4. Do you have any fun vacations planned? Going on a honeymoon to the Keys
5. If you won a million dollars in the lottery today where would you shop first? to get a new car.
6. What was the last movie you saw? In the theaters - Sherlock Holmes. Currently my fiance and I are working our way through the Star Wars series. We just finished Episode 4.
7. What theme do you have in your classroom? Kind of Eric Carle. We're the busy kindergarteners. One group is ladybugs, one is caterpillars, one is spiders and one is fireflies.
8. At the end of a long day what do you do to unwind? read or run
9. What meal do you crave the most during a tough week? french fries from Chick fila . I guess that's not really a meal.
10. What was your New Year resolution? To start working out more, get organized and spend quiet time
11. What's on your classroom wish list? an Ipad
12. What candy would you like to secretly stash in your desk drawer? resees peanut butter cups
Ok I know I'm breaking some rules but I'm going to have to post my 12 questions and 12 tagged bloggers later. I should be spending the kid's rest time getting ready for my evaluation tomorrow. So back to work I go.

2 comments:

  1. Mellow Mushroom? Where you at girl, Georgia? Harry Potter is totally my fave too! And I love your room theme. How cute! I'm also an obsessive reader. I read a book a day on vacation. I really like the feel of an actually book but for vacations I use an e-reader. All those books were making my suitcases mighty close to 50 pounds! You should read Sharp Object by Gillian Flynn if you like dark twisty kind of novels. Really good.
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny that you don't do pets and you're marrying a vet. My cousin and I are both single and both don't do pets or debt. We're not sure which would be worse....marrying a guy with pets or lots of debt!

    Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete