Sunday, January 1, 2012

How I Spent my Winter Vacation

I had this whole post written yesterday and I thought saved and scheduled to post this morning. But when I looked this morning, it was no where to be found. No idea what happened to it. So here I am on New Year's morning writing it again and watching Mad Men on AMC. I should probably be doing something more productive like showering and getting ready for church or making breakfast but this is much more enjoyable.
Over my Winter vacation, I haven't really been that productive. At least not quite like I planned. I've blogged a lot thanks to all the great linky parties out there. I reached over 100 followers before the new year and am having a giveaway. (Check it out here. It's open until Jan. 7) I've become a contributor to another wonderful blog, The Best Endings. It's all about books and reading. I'm so excited about this venture. Check the button out on my sidebar. If you like to read, it's a a great blog to check out. I've already downloaded a sample of a book recommended and will probably get the book. I've been reading The Daily 5 and some other books on my new Kindle. I am enjoying Daily 5 and can't wait to implement some of this in my classroom. I'm still looking for some answers to some questions. So if you're willing to help, please let me know. Holly at Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade has some great posts about Daily 5 on her blog. So I've read some of those.
I've downloaded some clip art to use in some packets but I haven't made the packets yet. I did update my items on Teacher's Notebook. Hadar from Miss Kindergarten suggested that I show some pictures of what is in the packet so I've fixed those. I've worked a little bit on a letter detective packet. I hope to have it finished and some freebies to offer by tomorrow. I also made a song book to go with the songs we sing everyday. I went to an amazing fluency and phonics workshop right before break and this was my interpretation of on of his ideas. I would love to share it but I'm not sure if I should. They are all Dr. Jean song lyrics that I got from her website. Does anyone know if it would be ok to share?

I've spent a lot of time with my fiance and family. I'm still getting used to using fiance. We got engaged the Friday before Christmas and I am so excited and happy. We're planning to get married in June at the beach. I haven't really started wedding planning yet. I've also gotten to spend a lot of time with my niece Sophie. I love her to pieces and she's always learning a new word or song. It's so much fun.
Here she is pointing out my eye. It's one of her favorite things to do.I'm going to miss not seeing her every couple of days. I still have a few more days of break. I don't go back until Thursday and the kids don't come back til Friday. So I have more day of fun planned with my beautiful niece. I also have one more day of shopping planned with my mom. And a birthday party for my fiance planned tonight.
I could have written a post about the things I should have done or need to do. I still need to do my lesson plans. I still need to make my flipcharts for the next few weeks. I still need to write Thank you cards. I still need to put clothes away and clean my room.I still need to clean up and organize all my craft supplies that are now all over my guest room. I did a lot of crafting for presents and now I need to get stuff put back away. So good thing I have a few more days of break left. How did you spend your break? Link up with Clutter Free Classroom.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kerri,
    I would suggest you email Dr. Jean and ask her if it is okay to share the song book on your site. My gut is that she will say yes and may even ask if she can add it to her site. She seems to be that sort of person - did you read her blog post today? She is so inspiring!
    Camille
    An Open Door
    P.S. Congratulations on your engagement! A wedding at the beach sounds so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations :) A waterfront Wedding sounds gorgeous!

    Learning New Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Check it out when you have time!

    http://inspiredbykindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete