Saturday, January 7, 2012

Clutter Free Classroom Challenge Linky Party

Does anyone else ever feel like that I have way too much to post about? I have so many ideas in my head that I want to post and then there are all kinds of great linky parties out there. I thought I was pretty organized in my classroom and my home was really what needed some help. But when I returned to school on Thursday and saw the mess I left my room, I changed my thinking some. Then the kids came back on Friday and I started taking pictures I realized I had a huge mess to deal with. So here are my pictures:
This is my file cabinet for first grade. Instead of filing things away last year I just stacked. Then I didn't want to deal with filing it at the end of the year so I crammed it in a drawer. I've been trying really hard not to do that in Kindergarten this year.
 These are my shelves. They are fairly well organized but I still have some things to get rid of and it definitely isn't pretty to look at.



 Here's my reading group table but it ends up being a catch all. By the end of the day I have piles everywhere. I definitely need a system for this.









This is my storage cabinet that I knew I really needed to work on. It's where I store all my things the students bring in and then a bunch of other stuff. I'm actually not even sure what is in there. I'm hoping my playing cards and some other games are in there because I haven't seen those at all this year.






Here's another picture of the cabinet. You can really see the clutter in this one.


This area is where I keep all my resources for the week but it needs some serious help. I get so frustrated trying to find things and keep it clean.

  This is my desk area. I have way too much stuff crammed on my desk. It needs some help big time. I'll clean it off and then it's cluttered again in no time.


So here are my before pictures. I can't wait to tackle some of these areas.
 Check out the other classrooms participating in the linky party here.

Clutter Free Classroom



6 comments:

  1. I have an award waiting for you on my blog. Stop by and check it out. :)

    Inside The Classroom- http://www.mrsmayhew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My filing cabinet was a disaster at the end of last year as I never had time to refile anything! In addition, I was using the previous teacher's files from the year before, so it was a BIG mess! It took me a few days, but I worked on one drawer at a time and filed some based upon themes, and the others based upon the standards... Best of luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - I think it's not that bad and then I looked at my pictures! We're all in this together now. I have 3 filing cabinets - I have been trying to scan all my papers in and get down to just 2.... I have center file folder/envelope games in 2 drawers and books on tape/cd's in another 2. I thought if I got rid of the paper, it would help, but not so far! We'll see! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have got lots of great stuff. I agree it's not too bad, you just need a good system.

    Ms. M
    Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award.
    krissyskindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete