These were my personal resolutions:
1. To start running again and get healthy. My mom and I are joining Weight Watchers in January and I miss running a lot. So I'm not setting a weight loss goal but just trying to get healthy. My stomach has hated me the past few weeks with all the junk I've been eating.
2. To get organized and clean. I have pinned a ton of things on pinterest about cleaning schedules and being organized and I really need to get on it. I've lived by myself for the past 8 years and now that my boyfriend spends a lot of time at my house I need to do a better job of keeping things clean.
3. To have quiet time in the mornings - I was doing really well with reading my Bible and praying every morning before school until the last week of school. I just need to get back in the habit. It's the best way for me to start my day.
So far I'm doing pretty terrible at keeping these resolutions. I haven't run once since the new year started. I have been 6 days without a diet coke. That's part of me trying to be healthy. I've been adding lime to my water and that seems to help me drink more. I haven't given up my coffee because that would just be crazy. I started weigh watchers last night so I'm on the right track. On the organizing front, I'm doing ok. I downloaded a clutter free calendar and have only done like 4 days worth of tasks. I just need to take it one day at a time. I haven't kept anything about the quiet time in the mornings. I've got to get back on track with this. It is important for setting the tone for my day. I've been feeling pretty stressed out with wedding planning and school. So I know I need to do this.
These were my professional goals:
1. I want to start Daily 5 this semester. I downloaded the book on my brand new kindle on Christmas day and I'm almost half way through it. I plan on introducing a little at a time in hopes of having the structures in place when I have my kids in first grade next year.
2. Working on writing workshop type of structure in my class as well. I have been slowly adding in more writing in my class and I hope that this will tie in with Daily 5 as well.
3. Tailoring lessons and groups more to my students' needs rather than trying to do what is always expected of me. I want to really use the common core to guide my instruction and where my students are at.
I have been working on implementing Daily 5 and I feel like it's slow but a good start. The kids seem to be getting the reasons behind practicing to read. I've got some plans in place for working on writing but I feel like I stink at teaching writing. I hope to post about writing later this week. I'm working on the last resolution of using common core and what my students need. I planned my math for this upcoming week with this in mind. I'm still working on number rather than fraction and ordinal numbers.
My blogging resolutions:
1. To blog 3 or 4 times a week.
2. To offer a freebie once a week
3. To create a unit for Teacher's notebook every 6 weeks ( I have not been successful with Teacher's notebook so far but I need to finance my addiction to buying stuff.)
I've been successful with all these resolutions so far. I can definitely look at my posts and see that school has started back in full swing. But I'm still posting regularly and have offered a freebie each week. I was really excited to see one of the freebies I made on pinterest last week. It definitely made my day. I just posted a unit on Teacher's Notebook this week and have another in the works. So I feel like these resolutions have been successful.
How are your resolutions going?