Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Fourth Grade Buddies and the Kid President

Check me out. Blogging two days in a row. Must be the new computer. It is so nice to have a computer set up all the time. With my old laptop, I would have to get it out and set up anytime I wanted to do something and it took forever to load. Plus I was never sure if it would come up or not. Maybe the newness will wear off but probably not for a while.
I am working on a new set of activities for math with a garden theme. I am so excited. I'll be trying one of the activities out tomorrow and I can't wait. I'm also really excited about fourth grade buddies tomorrow. We always meet on Wednesday afternoons. I look forward to these afternoons and so do my kiddos. Usually the idea for what we are going to do is something that Cassie and I have talked about for a few days. Tuesday we finalize our plans and get anything together that we can.  This week the idea started on Saturday when I heard about the newest Kid President video.

I hadn't watched it or anything but just heard the beginning. The video is about what a newborn needs to know about the word. So I sent the link to Cassie and told her this is what we should do. So today we watched the video (this was my first time to give it a listen all the way through. He suggests making your own video at the end) and came up with a questionnaire for the kids to work on together. Cassie typed it up and then I prettied it up. It is my downfall to have to make everything pretty. You can check it out here.
Here's the plan for tomorrow. We will watch the video on the promethean board and discuss the video. Then the kids will work with their buddy to answer the questions. The questions could be a little deep but I think it will be interesting to see what they come up with. This week will be all about preparing to make a video. They can work on a script and practice what they want to say.
Next Wednesday we're going let them practice for the video and then we're going to use our iPhones to video it. I'm pretty excited. I think the project will be a lot of fun! I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. I've been on the computer since I got home besides eating dinner so I should probably go spend a little quality time with Chris before it's bedtime. He's watching The Doctor and I'm listening. Time to go see what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment