Friday, March 28, 2014

Five For Friday

It is amazing but I'm actually posting this on a Friday evening. I can't believe it. It's the new computer. I enjoy coming home and getting on the computer now. No matter how tired I am. It makes a world of difference having a computer I love and that is easy to use. It is always set up. I don't have to get it out and figure out where to set up. Anyway, I was not good about taking pictures this week. It was kind of a weird week. I went home a half day Wednesday because I wasn't feeling that great. I haven't really felt great since then. But you gotta do what you gotta do. It's too much work to be at home sick.
So I'm linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching for her weekly party of fun.

1. First up is my beautiful new computer. I know I know. I've already blogged about it but I haven't actually shown a picture of it in all it's glory. I'm in love! We have it set up on our dining table. We don't eat there unless we have company so for now it will work.

2. As much as I love my computer, I love this man even more. This picture is from last weekend when we kept Soph and took her to a special place. We went and threw rocks in the creek. They had a blast. Chris is truly the best husband and uncle a girl could hope for. He knew how much I wanted a new computer and made it happen. He also is so great with our nieces. He laid in the floor that night and watched Frozen with us.
3. During the last TPT sale I bought Deanna Jump's Nonfiction Interactive Reading Journal (Click here to check it out. ) This week was the first time I tried it out. This particular journal was about main idea and details. We had read about baby animals in our reading book. So we did this together. I did an example using the elmo and promethean board. The students did pretty well with coming up with what to go under the tabs. The hardest part was cutting it out correctly. A lot of them cut out on the dotted lines instead of the dark lines. But we got it all figured out. 

4. Back in February I got the opportunity to review some products from Creative Teaching Press. I've been using the materials for the past month and plan to post a review this weekend about what I got. This is just a sneak peek. I used these Chevron 6" Cut outs and made a word of the day sign for the door. I post a sight word here everyday for the kids to practice when they come in the room. Be sure to check back this weekend to see all the fun things I've gotten to try out.

5. I really didn't do a good job taking pictures this week of what we've been working on in class. But I do have this fun picture to share. My parents' neighbor gave these masks to Soph yesterday so we had to try them out with silly faces. 


So that's my week. Not too exciting but it was a good one. Be sure to check out the party over at Doodle Bugs Teaching to see what everyone else is up to.
I'll be back this weekend to tell you about the goodies from Creative Teaching Press and to give you a peek in what is coming up with my week. (Maybe. We're going to Asheville tomorrow to look for a new tent for camping. I'm so excited.)

No comments:

Post a Comment