Saturday, March 8, 2014

Five for Friday on Saturday!

I don,t think I'll ever actually post this on a Friday! I'm exhausted by Friday evening and it is Chris and I's date night. This Friday I met up with some friends to walk. It was beautiful out and fairly warm. So I'm linking up Kacey for her weekly water.

1. Monday we had a bad weather day. We never really got any bad weather but they were calling for ice. I got to spend some time with all my girls. Here's CK being so serious!

2.  Wednesday some ladies from the Master Gardeners in our county came and planted tomato seeds with the kids. They read a book and talked about plants. The kids had fun planting. I just hope I don't kill the plants. I have more of a black thumb.

3. For fourth grade buddies we read Horton Hears a Who. The fourth graders then helped the kindergarteners write 3 sentences about the beginning, middle, and end of the story. The next step was to do a craft but we ran out of time. So next week we'll do the craft.
This is our inspiration for our craft. I found this picture on Pinterest.

4. We went on one of my favorite field trips to Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies! I love the aquarium and they are so good to us as a school. We are right across the street so we can just walk over. My kids were great and so excited. 
The sea turtle Sally is my favorite animal in the aquarium. If you vacation in the Smokies you should check out the aquarium. It is worth the cost.

5. We had activities all week for Read Across America but I didn't take many pictures. Friday we had special readers. My class had our Police officer that is at our school and a police captain. The kids loved it. Chris read to 7th and 8th graders. I had hoped to get down and hear him but I didn't.

So that was my week in a nutshell. Be sure to head over to  and check out everyone else's five for Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment