Here's my list:
- Gifts from students. I have gotten some sweet little presents this year from my little ones. I love pictures and notes the best. I have this sweet little boy whose family is from Honduras and they were in Myrtle Beach last week. They brought me this sweet present and his mom told me that he talked about me the whole time and kept saying how beautiful I was. It made my day. I also got a really sweet note from a parent who said she was blown away by her son's progress. I hung it on my bulletin board above my desk to read when I hear the negatives from parents.
- The blogging world. I love this community. I love the inspiration that I get from others and the help. I am so encouraged by the comments I've gotten from people and the friends I'm making. I love how helpful other bloggers are. I bought the Apple Literacy and Math Centers from Kreative in Kinder and asked her about a sending me something without the artwork. I heard back from her that day. It encourages me so much.
- Dollar Tree - I went there Saturday and got all kinds of fun things. They had clipboards for a $1.00 and I decorated them. I'm so happy with them. I also got a brain to grow in a jar. We've been talking about how you get smarter and what it does to your brain. I see a potential science lesson.
- My clip chart - I love that I can have kids that are doing well clip up and be rewarded. I think it is having an impact on my students who don't get to clip up and gives those that mess up the opportunity to correct their behavior.
- That fall is in the air. I love that it is cooler at night and the leaves are starting to change.
- That I got paid last week and was able to go get my hair cut and colored for the first time since June. It was looking rough.
- This weekend I get to take my niece to Ripley's aquarium with my parents.
- This one is a little mushy. But my boyfriend is the best guy in the world. He listens to me go on and on about school stuff and tries to help me with projects and teaching ideas. He is also coming next week to talk to the kindergarten about being a vet since we're doing community helpers.