Saturday, September 24, 2011

Favorite websites to use in the class

I am really enjoying being a part of the teaching blogging community. I am so inspired by the things I see other teachers doing in their classroom. I needed this. I was feeling tired when it came to teaching. I love the kids but dealing with everything else was getting to me. I had lost my spark. Discovering all these blogs has helped me to find my spark again. I feel like I'm teaching like I was when I first started teaching. I dressed like a scientist yesterday for our first science lesson with apples. (Although I did get this idea sometime in the middle of the night when I was laying in bed not sleeping) I say all this to say, I was thinking about needing some new websites to use in my classroom. I use starfall a lot and while my kids love it I'm wanting a little variety. So I thought I would appeal to my blogging friends for some new websites to use and have a linky party.
Here are the guidelines:

Blog about your favorite website resources to use with your students in the primary grades (pre k - 3).  Link up to the party by including your direct link to that post and not your general blog.
My favorite websites to use the classroom are:
  • http://www.starfall.com
  • http://illuminations.nctm.org
  • http://en.childrenslibrary.org
  • http://www.abcmouse.com  (I haven't actually tried this one out much. I'm still exploring but it looks pretty good.)
These are some of my favorites. What are yours? Link up and join the party!
As people link up, I'm going to compile a list of the website resources provided and hopefully publish it to my blog at a later time.





TBA's Ultimate Linky Party

1 comment:

  1. Kerri!!!! This is my first visit to your blog, having 'found' you as a result of TBA & your linkie. I just noticed that people have already 'found-me' as a result of your link-up!!!
    Don't ya just LUV how this works?!?!

    I look forward to getting acquainted. I am an author/illustrator + music lady for the PreK & K crowds. Today I got to deliver the keynote at a back to school literature conference. I was just in TN for a keynote a couple weeks ago.

    Thanks again for the connections to a wider world.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete