Thursday, September 22, 2011

What's in my school bag ?

Abby at the Inspired Apple is having a linky party about what's in your school bag. I love love love bags! I think it's part of our dna as teachers. I wasn't going to join the party but it's just so much fun I couldn't resist.
I've been looking for a new teacher bag and after reading all the posts on the party, I'm leaning towards a 31 bag I was thinking about anyway. My boyfriend's sister just started selling 31 so I'm sure I'll be invited to another party soon. Currently my bag is a Vera Bradly bag. I love vera! I think the name of it is the Vera and it's in the nantucket red pattern. I've had it for the past 5 years I think. My mom got it for me one Christmas. It is a great bag. It has tons of pockets and holds a lot. I didn't notice the handles were getting a little frayed.

I pulled all the contents of my bag out and took a picture. I have my Vera Bradley mini cooler I use for a lunch box. I just ordered a 31 one that I can't wait to start using. My coffee cup, a slip I was wearing today and had to take off at the end of the day, a brush, my camera cord, some Bic Mark it pins, frebreeze (I had no idea that was in there), an icing container I meant to leave at school today to store games in, jumbo craft sticks, a folder with stuff to cut out and put on scrapbook paper, head phones and a lock (for when this bag double as a gym bag), my latest read Debbie Diller's Literacy Work Stations, a devotional book (Jesus Calling), an old jump drive, and an old cd with some pictures of my great grandparents on it. Some days there are shoes and other books. I realized this week that I've become quite the bag lady. I had my teacher bag, purse, computer bag, bags from Dollar tree, and then this bag below. This is another 31 favorite I love this bag. It fits workout clothes in it perfectly or stuff for the lake or pool. I used it on a couple of field trip as well.
Check out the linky party. It's fun to see everyone's bags.

3 comments:

  1. I have the small organizer in that pattern from 31. I love, love, love it!

    Those Go cups from Mini Oreos or Cheese Ritz crackers are awesome for storing regular-sized (smaller than Jumbo) popsicle sticks. Great tens and ones game...tens on one side, ones on the other. Drop like pixie sticks and count. :)

    I love small containers for children!

    Melly<><

    Stapler’s Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

    The Yellow Rocking Chair

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a love for Vera and Thirty-One, you have some super cute patterns! I am late to Abby's party, here is my bag http://www.bunchofscrap.com/2011/10/what-is-in-my-teacher-bag-and-reveal.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was actually surprised by the quality of the product.
    My son uses his school backpacks pretty hard so I expected to be buying another one halfway through the year but
    this might just make it to the end of the year with only minor wear and tear!


    camouflage backpack
    camouflage duffel bag
    camouflage flask
    camouflage knives
    camouflage tote bag

    ReplyDelete