Thursday, September 22, 2011

What's in my school bag ?

Abby at the Inspired Apple is having a linky party about what's in your school bag. I love love love bags! I think it's part of our dna as teachers. I wasn't going to join the party but it's just so much fun I couldn't resist.
I've been looking for a new teacher bag and after reading all the posts on the party, I'm leaning towards a 31 bag I was thinking about anyway. My boyfriend's sister just started selling 31 so I'm sure I'll be invited to another party soon. Currently my bag is a Vera Bradly bag. I love vera! I think the name of it is the Vera and it's in the nantucket red pattern. I've had it for the past 5 years I think. My mom got it for me one Christmas. It is a great bag. It has tons of pockets and holds a lot. I didn't notice the handles were getting a little frayed.

I pulled all the contents of my bag out and took a picture. I have my Vera Bradley mini cooler I use for a lunch box. I just ordered a 31 one that I can't wait to start using. My coffee cup, a slip I was wearing today and had to take off at the end of the day, a brush, my camera cord, some Bic Mark it pins, frebreeze (I had no idea that was in there), an icing container I meant to leave at school today to store games in, jumbo craft sticks, a folder with stuff to cut out and put on scrapbook paper, head phones and a lock (for when this bag double as a gym bag), my latest read Debbie Diller's Literacy Work Stations, a devotional book (Jesus Calling), an old jump drive, and an old cd with some pictures of my great grandparents on it. Some days there are shoes and other books. I realized this week that I've become quite the bag lady. I had my teacher bag, purse, computer bag, bags from Dollar tree, and then this bag below. This is another 31 favorite I love this bag. It fits workout clothes in it perfectly or stuff for the lake or pool. I used it on a couple of field trip as well.
Check out the linky party. It's fun to see everyone's bags.

2 comments:

  1. I have the small organizer in that pattern from 31. I love, love, love it!

    Those Go cups from Mini Oreos or Cheese Ritz crackers are awesome for storing regular-sized (smaller than Jumbo) popsicle sticks. Great tens and ones game...tens on one side, ones on the other. Drop like pixie sticks and count. :)

    I love small containers for children!

    Melly<><

    Stapler’s Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

    The Yellow Rocking Chair

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a love for Vera and Thirty-One, you have some super cute patterns! I am late to Abby's party, here is my bag http://www.bunchofscrap.com/2011/10/what-is-in-my-teacher-bag-and-reveal.html

    ReplyDelete