Monday, November 5, 2012

November Currently

I have been a bad blogger. Like worse than usual blogger. It has been almost 2 weeks since I last posted. I just couldn't motivate myself to do anything last week. I didn't do my lesson plans until Sunday night and I usually get them done on Wednesdays. It was our first spell of cold weather and it was rainy and I didn't want to do anything. Plus we had our centennial celebration of our school over the weekend. I'm planning on posting about the history of my school. It's pretty amazing.  Anyway, I missed October's currently but I'm back for November. So here's my currently
I have had my surgery on my mind since I was trying to sleep last night. Today is the last day I can take most pain relievers before surgery. So I only have 10 days and I have a lot going on. We have report cards, parent conferences, a shower for one of my co workers, 2 inservice days, a library board meeting and I think that it is. In between all that I need to get my sub plans done for the 2 weeks I'm going to be out of school. I've never been out of school for this long of a time before. So that's stressing me out a little bit. I also want to get some meals premade in the freezer so Chris and I can eat while I'm out. Not that Chris can't cook but I think we'll get tired of grilled cheeses and soups. Plus it would just make me feel better to have some meals in the freezer. I should probably get the house all cleaned up. 
Anyway, I'm getting a little nervous and scared about surgery and everything that goes with it. I'm trying to just give it over to God. I know that he'll take care of everything but it's hard to do.
I wanted to explain my music choices as well. My aunt gave me the Jackson 5 greatest hits right before I first started teaching. It is pretty upbeat and a great way to start the day off. I use to play quiet relaxing music but I've read that that just puts kids to sleep. So we try to get energized in the mornings. Not that they need a lot of help in that area. We also listen to a lot of Dr. Jean. She's my favorite to play and sing a long with.
So that's where I'm at this month. Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with a post all about the centennial at my school. It was a pretty cool experience. Meanwhile, be sure to check out the other posts over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! I just found you through the Currently :)
    100 years old... that's amazing! Mine is turning 50 this year... I thought it was old!
    I am your newest follower
    Sara
    Miss Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! You have a lot to do, but I have faith that you'll get it done!! Teachers are great at multi-tasking!

    Angela
    The Daily Alphabet

    ReplyDelete