Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Since I've been out recovering from knee surgery, I've spent way too much time online, specifically pinterest. That website is so addictive. I have found some fantastic Christmas ideas for the classroom and home. I thought I would share a few pins that I think would be fantastic for our class party. Maybe you'll get a few ideas for your holiday festivities.
This first one is a snack that I think the kids would enjoy making themselves.


The next idea is for a drink I know my students would love. Some grinchy punch. They love fun punches and floats.

This blog has some great ideas for minute to win it christmas themed games. I think my kids would have a blast playing these games. We did some minute to win it type games at our end of the year party and it was so fun.

I also think a hot chocolate bar would be fun for maybe a Friday afternoon treat while watching The Polar Express.

This is the last pin for parties or snacks. I think these snowmen are super cute and fun. I think I might make these for the party as my contribution.

I am lucky to have a parent that I can send these ideas to and she'll see what she can do for getting the party together. I'm so blessed this year. I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to get the kids for Christmas. I usually give them a personalized ornament for first grade. I keep my kids for two years. I still have my ornament from my first grade teachers and treasure it. This pin was a cute gift.

The next few pins are some fun activities and art projects I've found on pinterest that I'm thinking about doing with my class. (Too much time on my hands is making me go a little plan crazy for when I get to return to school)
Our Elf will be coming to school starting next  week. Last year, our assistant principal let us borrow her Elf on the Shelf and the kids named him Rainbow. They had a blast and so did I. This year I picked up an elf from Hobby Lobby a month or so ago. I plan on having Rainbow write the letter to the kids rather than Santa because I know they'll wonder what happened to him.

I love this particular idea. There are some great ideas out there for the Elf on the Shelf. Now for a few arts and crafts ideas that I think are pretty cute:


And a couple of Christmas pins just for fun:
Source: women3.com via Kerri on Pinterest

This post ended up being way longer and picture heavy than I had planned. But as I started to look at my Christmas board I found more and more ideas I had forgotten about. What do you have pinned for Christmas? I thought about making this a linky. If you would like to link up, let me know and I'll get it going. After all that, I'm ready to decorate my house for Christmas!

1 comment: