Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Product Swap


I am so excited to be partcipating in this product swap. Not only did I get a great product from my partner, I got a great bloggy friend. My partner was Holly from Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade. We had emailed some before about Daily 5 but it was nice to get to know her a little bit better. Check her blog out and follow her if you don't already.


The product I chose from her store was her Parent Night Teacher Toolbox.
This product has everything you need for a successful parent information night. Here's what her description says on TPT:
Product Includes:
*Community building puzzle piece printable
*Healthy snack list
*Student stars and wishes - find out how your students feel about their academic skills
*Magic playdough at-home activity - build excitement for that first day of school!
*Parent email form
*Introduce child - parent perspective
*List of other ideas to include in parent night packet, PowerPoint, online resource
*Template for parent to write letter of encouragement. Parent writes and leaves on desk of child for a happy surprise the next day!
*Recipe for literacy - cute printable
*The giving tree - print, adhere to construction paper, laminate. Write wish list items on mini sticky notes. Parents take any stickies home for what they'd like to donate.
*An apple for the teacher poem - small printable to place on each desk with apple. Reminder that this is a team effort!
*Writing box printable - ideal gift for the beginning of the year!

The things that I liked best and have all ready for copying for registration night are the giving tree, recipe for literacy, the community puzzle pieces and a parent email form. Holly was nice enough to add a few things to the parent email form and it saved me from having to make my own. Some of these things I won't use this year, just because I loop with my kids and I am already familiar with most of them and their families. But next year I will be using the introduce child- parent perspective, and the magic playdough activity for sure. 
 Here is my giving tree. I printed it when my printer was doing weird things so the color looks a little funny. But I added scrapbook paper and laminated. I added the die cut apples because I already had those ready. This is hanging right outside my door in hopes that parents will pick an apple when they come by.
 This is going in my registration packet. Holly added a place for the parents to check off if they want to receive the newsletters electronically and if they want to join our class shutterfly account. I was so excited she was willing to do this.
 This is going to be sent home as their first piece of homework or home project so we can talk about how we all fit together like a puzzle.
I loved this reminder of what it takes for kids to succeed in literacy at home. I plan on putting this in their notebooks that go home every day. This product is good for new teachers and veteran teachers. So be sure to stop by Holly's blog and start following her and her TPT store. She also has some great word wall letters. She posted this item after I had chosen my product for the swap but I had to have them because they fit my theme perfectly. They look great on my word wall. Thanks Jessica for hosting the swap and Holly for sharing your great product with me. Now I'm off to see what other great things are out there!

3 comments:

  1. How perfect for this time of year!

    Blessings,
    Jessica
    ✏ Mrs. Stanford's Class ✏
    ❤ I hope you enjoyed the swap & will join for the next one!! Check out my post for the link to the form :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great I can wait to download this packet. I am just beginning to start printing up school related things because I just finished summer school on the 19th.

    http://kindnesscountinkindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for blogging about my product!!!!! You scared me though...LOL, I was like - did I make everything green!!? HA! Time to sneak out and get some color ink, eh? ;)

    Thanks again, darlin'!!!!!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete