Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A little of this and a little of that

I've thought about having a schedule to my blog like some of my friends do. But I can never seem to think of what the schedule should be. I'm a little more hodge podge than a schedule allows. I tried to do Make it Monday but I haven't been crafty lately. I think I'll get back on that as it gets closer to summer time. Wedding stuff is starting to take over. I'm getting married in 47 days. Chris and I are trying to get things cleaned out and organized so we can merge our lives. This past weekend I cleaned out the linen closet and then we both worked on my storage closet. He's got it all organized like it's his garage. Then Sunday he brought all his camping gear over. So half my living room is full of camping stuff. Then we had a shower that day so the other half is full of shower stuff. It is really exciting and I can't wait to be Mrs. B. But I'm not sure I have enough hours in the day to get things done. Especially with this sinus infection I seem to be getting. My voice is all raspy and scratchy. (Which one of my students told me he liked yesterday) I need to clean out things from my kitchen to make room for the new stuff. I've lived on my own for the past 9 years so I have a ton of stuff. Plus I need to start on my thank you cards. We have another shower on Sunday at our church. It's all very exciting but a little overwhelming. School and blogging seem to be taking a back burner. I have over 400 blog posts to read on my google reader. My head is about to explode with ideas for posts and activities. Kindergarten graduation is in need of planning. My kids still have lots to learn. I'm just feeling the pressure. So I thought I'd share a couple of engagement pictures and then something school related.




These were taken by our wonderful art teacher at school. Her blog can be found at here Moments Captured Beautifully by Mandy.   
She's wonderful.
I'm sharing a little poem that I wrote with the help of Chris about Tree Frogs in case your interested. It is really not good at all. But I needed something for the kids to practice reading and I wanted it to be about the rain forest. It's our reading homework for the week. If you can use it, leave a little love please.

Reading Homework - Apr

11 comments:

  1. I love your pictures. Y'all are too cute =) I'm with you on the blog scheduling..I even make myself a schedule and I can't stick to it! Ugh!

    Have a great week!

    Laura
    Kinder Kraziness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Scrabble pieces with your ring! Cute!!

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like there's a lot on your plate. No doubt everything will come together. It usually does.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your engagement pictures are beautiful! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I am sure it will be beautiful!

    Joni
    KinderKids Fun
    jegalford3406@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are gorgeous together! I wish you all the happiness in the world! Thank you so much for offering to help me with my blog! I look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The time is going to fly by! Your pictures are lovely! Sinus infections are the worst!!!!!!!! And thanks for teaching money even though it's not on the common core for you - it'll help us second grade teachers eventually!
    Laura
    Mrs. Castro's Class 2nd Grade...Spanglish Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your upcoming wedding! My fiance's name is also Chris, and we are getting married on June 23!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your sweet pictures with us! Best of luck to you both!

    Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
    Teaching With Love and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pics! I am also feeling the time crunch, although I still have 80 days until my big day and my fiance and I live together so we don't have that huge step to take! Just take a deep breath...it will all get done somehow!!!:)

    Kelly
    Kindergarten Kel

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog and I relate so much with your life right now!!!

    I recently moved overseas and we had our wedding 3 weeks ago!! I was quite stressed about it all....new place, family coming over from different parts of the world (south africa for his family, america for my family)....so glad it's over now!

    Hope everything goes how you want it!! Good luck and also I'm your newest follower!

    Kelli

    Tales From a Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures. Love the scrabble tiles - so clever!
    -Leslie @KindergartenWorks

    ReplyDelete