Thursday, May 24, 2012

The end is near

I have been having the hardest time finding time to blog lately. I'm worn out. We have been going non stop for the past few weeks. Tuesday was Kindergarten Graduation. I am so proud of my kids. They did a wonderful job. I'd have cried if I had to say goodbye to my kids. But I'll have them next year for First grade. They sang this song with our music teacher about being ready for their future. It was a tear jerker. The best thing was that several of my boys were decked out in their suits. They were pretty cute. Another boy looked at me and said, "________ is adorable!" It was so cute.
I've been cleaning and organizing my room. I plan to show some before and after pictures. I took the pictures back in January for the Clutter Free Classroom challenge. I'm finally starting to make some headway on this project. I'm pretty proud of my progress. Of course I need to take pictures before I start shoving things in the cabinents that are normally on bookshelves. I usually don't clean well at the end of the school year. I usually have to spend a week or so before school starts organizing. So hopefully, I'll just have stuff to put away and not regorganize things.
I've also been busy assessing and report carding with my students. I'm really proud of the progress they have made. I have 6 ELL students in my room and 4 out 6 of them are counting to 100 and by 10s. Then they all knew almost all their letters, sounds and popcorn words. They've really amazed me with all their progress they've made this year. I have 6 out 17 students who I can hand 1st grade or higher books to them and they can read them and take an AR test on them. I think part of their wonderful progress my kids have made is due to all I've learned from blogging this year. I have challenged my students and myself this year in ways that I never have before. While I'm very much ready for summer and all it has to offer, I am also excited to take my kids on to first grade and see how much further we can go. I would love to say thank you to all my followers for their support with a freebie but it's going to have to wait unitl either this weekend or next week when school is done. So for now my thanks will have to do. Thanks for supporting me and challenging me this year. I am a much happier and better teacher than I have been in a long time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    We still have four weeks to go and would love to learn the song you said was about the children and their future. The one that your music teacher taught them. Any luck sending the name of the song and its author so I could snag a copy to teach my children?
    Terry
    THYordan@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll see all kinds of wonderful things going on with your kids in first, and you won't have to spend the first month figuring out their strengths, weaknesses, and personalities.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete