Thursday, March 15, 2012

What is Not Wrong!

I love Mrs. Davis at Carried Away in Kindergarten's linky party for What is Not Wrong! It's great to be able to focus on the positives in my life instead of dwelling on negatives. I think sometimes as teachers we get caught up in all the bad things that are going on.
1. The weather is not wrong. It has been in the 70s and sunny since Saturday and I'm loving it. I've been out running and enjoying spring.
2. That as of tomorrow there are only 3 months until I'm getting married and I become Mrs. Dr. B!
3. Being an aunt is not wrong. I'm super lucky to be the aunt to 2 little girls who are so stinkin cute and funny. My sister has an 18 month old and Chris's sister has a 10 month old. Last week I got to spend a day with Sophie and then Tuesday we hung out with Kaley. They are so much fun. I love being KK!
4.  My kids reading and excited about books is not wrong. I started Daily 5 in January and while the only component we do regularly is Read to Self, I'm seeing huge growth with my students. They are really reading and sounding out the words. They can tell you why it's important to read and what we're working on with practicing and building up stamina. It's awesome!
5. Getting my grant for an ipod touch in the classroom is not wrong. I applied for a PTA grant back in the beginning of February. I found out yesterday it was approved and I can't wait to get the ipod touch centers going.
Come link up with Carried Away in Kindergarten to celebrate was is not wrong! Be sure to remember Mrs. Davis in your prayers and thoughts as she helps take care of her dad during his treatments for his Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your grant, Kerri! :) That is awesome! And, I love being an aunt too! I have 10 & 7 year old nieces, and a 4 year old nephew. They're a hoot! :)

    Thanks for linking up and sharing the prayer request! YOU'RE THE BEST!

    Kim
    Carried Away in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet comment... It has been a crazy time in my life right now. I have an aunt I am helping to take care of ... she is very sick :( And of course.... school! We are drowning in professional developments and have homework... Can you believe teachers having to do homework?:) Take care and thank you for checking in on me... you are a love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerri,
    I just found you because you're a follower of mine! I just love your upbeat blog and wish I would have found you sooner!
    Cheers,
    Laura
    Mrs. Castro's Class 2nd Grade...Spanglish Style

    ReplyDelete