Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Monday Made it!

This is my first time all summer to link up with 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made it. I finally made it to Hobby Lobby to get a few supplies. It was a trip for sure. I took my almost  3 year old niece. She was a little wild. She kept pretending to eat the fake grapes that are apparently all over Hobby Lobby. I would tell her to come on and her response would be just one more grape. But we needed to get supplies for my craft projects and supplies to make bead bracelets for her.
My first project is one for the house. I've been wanting to make a burlap wreath for a while. I saw this pin on pinterest that had burlap and chevron. So I finally found the burlap ribbon that I needed.


I wasn't really sure what I was doing. I cut the burlap into strips and then looped it through the wire frame. I eventually had it the way I wanted. Then I painted the B. Here's the final product. It needs something. I'm thinking some chevron ribbon all around it would pull it together.
My next project was one for the classroom. I had seen a pin of a no name board and decided I wanted to make my own. I already had wooden letters and clothespins. I'm waiting to figure out where I'm going to hang it before adding a ribbon or something to hang it up with.
I'm hoping this will help with the annoyance of no name papers. I'm sure that I won't be putting this to use until a little later in the school year since I have kindergarten.
Those are my Monday Made its. Be sure to head over to Tara's blog and see what else people made. I love looking at all the projects.
I'm heading to school today for the first time and I'm a little nervous about what I will see when I get there. Everything was moved out of my room on the last day of school and new floors were installed. I hope that all my stuff was returned.
I had a reader ask for my guided reading slides so they could download them. I hope to make them available tomorrow. Last night my hubby was on the computer writing skits for next week's VBS at church. We only have one computer. 

1 comment: