Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bachelorette fun and a guest post

So this post is not going to have anything related to school. But if you want to read something school related, I'm guest posting over at Mrs. Lirrette's Learning Detectives. Check it out. She's doing a great 15 days of guests posts. I can't wait to see who is posting next.



My wedding is now less than 2 weeks away. I'm getting so excited. I can't believe I'm going to be Mrs. Buckner. My sister arranged a bachelorette party for me this weekend. It was low key but a lot of fun. One of my friends flew in from California. She took me for a pedicure yesterday. Then we met up with my mom, sister and niece for some shopping. I'm lucky enough to live near an outlet mall. We had a blast shopping. I got some new dresses for my honeymoon.
For the party, my mom fixed a bunch of mexican food. My favorite. Then my sister made margaritas. I think the best touch was my dad insisted on ordering an ice cream cake for us. That was my favorite kind of cake as a kid.
It was dad's choice to have the color scheme and the wording. 
It was nice to just hang out with friends that I hadn't seen in a while. It was a wide variety of friends. My oldest friend came in from Maryland. We've been friends since 7th and 8th grade. My future sister in law came and a couple of other friends. One of my former youth was there. I met her right before her senior year of high school and now she's a junior in college. She's become one of my really close friends. 
My sister had purchased canvases for all of us to paint. I wish I had taken pictures of all of them. They turned out so cute. I do have a picture of mine. 

So that was my low key very fun bachelorette party. Chris is headed backpacking for the next five days and I plan to spend my first official day of summer break tomorrow with my sweet niece Sophie. How's your summer going? (And if it isn't summer yet for you, I'm really sorry.)

3 comments: