Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I survived!

So today was my first day with all my students and it was so much better than I was expecting. They did a wonderful job but I was exhasuted and they left at 12:30. I'm sure I'll be even more exhausted tomorrow when those that stay til 3 stay. (We technically have a half day kindergarten but most of the kids stay until 3.)
My biggest issue was trying to get everything done in the small amount of time I have with them. I really only have 3 hours to teach them and that is just not enough time to get everything in. Of course it'll get better as they become better at doing what is expected. I have several that don't seem to know how to hold a pencil so any great tips you have for teaching that would be appreciated.
Just wanted to share the finished product of our Chicka Chicka Boom Boom trees. I cut out the first letter of each child's name and they painted them on their first day. It turned out so cute.
That's about all energy I have for a post tonight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment