1. This is from last Sunday. Chris and I went to Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies with my parents and Soph. We had a blast. Soph loves her Chris. She is getting better at really looking at the animals rather than rushing through and speeding from one tank to the next. Chris worked at the aquarium for a long time so he can tell her what all the animals are!
2. In one of my reading groups this week I let them use the iPad to do a little sight word practice. I saw this idea on Pinterest. They picked a sight word, took a picture of it and then used the Show Me app. They imported the picture, traced the word and used the word in a sentence. I had them write the sentence first. Then they were ready to record it. They had fun and it was good sight word practice.
3. My mom, sister, 2 niece and I went walking this week. This is our selfie we took. I'm pretty bad at taking selfies. The weather was gorgeous this week. I needed the sunshine. It was nice to be able to get out and do some walking.
4. I started tutoring this week. I tutor on Tuesday and Thursday for kids in my class that need a little more help. I enjoy working with small groups. I think I'm going to end up with 2 boys on Tuesday and 2 girls on Thursday. We worked mostly on sight words using games and the iPad.
5. I am so lucky! I got the opportunity to order some things from creative teaching press a few weeks ago for review. I have all my materials and I'm working on a few new things. The first of which is to redo my calendar board. I have had the same calendar since my second year teaching. It was time for a change. This is what I have so far.
So that's my five picture summary of the week. I realized I didn't take many pictures this past week. I'm going to have to do better next week. Be sure to head over to the party at Doodle Bugs Teaching and see what everyone else was up to this