Saturday, October 6, 2012

Product Swap Fall Edition

MrsStanfordsClass
I am so excited to be partcipating in the product swap hosted by Mrs. Standford's Class. I participated over the summer and had a blast. This time I was partnered up with Michelle from Just Wild about Teaching.
Just Wild About Teaching
I looked over her store for something I could use with my class before the swap had to be posted about. I found the perfect item her September 11th packet. (You can click here to get to her TPT store and this item.) I had every intention of doing this packet with my kids the week of September 11th but the school system had different plans. We had to do standardized testing the week of September 11th and I just didn't have time to get the packet done. But I've got everything ready and we're going to do some of the activities for Veteran's Day. This packet is perfect for any patriotic unit of study.
 Here's what I did from the packet and have ready to complete with my kids:
I took the pledge sheet on the right and shrunk it so I could fit two on a page. This will be the poem that will go in the students' poetry notebooks the week of Veteran's day. This is the perfect opportunity for us to examine and memorize the pledge.
 The next activity we're going to complete is a hat. I colored mine using the templates that Michelle provides in the pack. We can't copy on construciton paper at my school. I think when I do this with the kids I'm going to have them cut out the stripes and the base of the hat using construction paper. Her example in the pack looked all glittery too, so I'll probably give the kids a little bling on the hat.
I think I'll add a writing component talking about the symbols of the united states. Michelle includes several different writing papers to choose from. These are the two that I plan on using. The first talks about a hero. I think this one is perfect for Veteran's day.
The second we're going to use is an acrostic poem about America. I think this would be a great challenge for some of my students.
One of my favorite activities involves a listening quiz. I plan to do that with my kids for sure.
There are a variety of other pages too. There are several more writing templates, a word search, another craftivity that is a heart shape wreath made out of stars, and some information about September 11th. If you are looking for a patriotic unit for September 11th or any time America is being studied, you need to check out Michelle's.
Be sure to hop over to Michelle's blog and see what item from my store she blogged about.

Thanks Michelle for sharing such a great item and Jessica for organizing this. Be sure to check out Jessica's blog to check out the other items people are blogging about.




3 comments:

  1. Nice job with the review! I like this product because it's different than most I've seen. Thanks for choosing that one to review.

    Heather at TeachItToday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving it! Thanks for joining for the swap :) I hope you'll sign up for the next!

    Blessings,
    Jessica
    ✏ Mrs. Stanford's Class ✏
    Enter Product Swap #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. it came out awesome..thanks girl =)

    justwildaboutteaching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete