1. First up is a picture of my sweet niece CK. Check out that face she's making. She's still sleeps a lot so I've gotta snap of picture when she's actually awake. I don't get to snuggle with her as much as I'd like. Her big sis keeps me on my toes when she's around or my mom has her. I got a text from my sister Monday that said she and CK were at my parents if I wanted to hold her. So I dropped what I was doing at school and headed over there.
2. Monday night I had a movie night with my BFF Cassie. She had bought me this super cute coffee mug over the weekend. I have been washing it and using it all week. It cracks me up. On the other side of the mug it says, "Smarty Pants" and then on the handle it says "I like big books."
3. Finally something school related for you. This is part of the technology post I've been wanting to post. This is my student I tutor on Tuesdays using the iPad for math. We practiced one to one correspondence and writing numbers using the app Doodle Buddy. (It's free and a fun)
4. Here's a peek at one of my centers this week. It is part of my Garden Math unit that I've been working on. The kids use the pictures to write number sentences. If you look carefully, you can see we need a lot of practice with that. They were having fun using the dry erase markers directly on the cards. Chris is camping this weekend so I'm hoping to get this pack completed and posted on TPT this week.
5. This week we've been talking about life cycles and plants. We read this great book, Oscar and Frog. It was part of our reading series and I had never read it. But it talked about all different kinds of life cycles and animals that come from eggs and seeds. You should check it out if you are beginning a unit on life cycles.