I'm sitting in a court room waiting to see if my name is called for jury duty. I'm hoping and praying that my name is not called so I can get back to my class. To pass time I'm attempting to blog on my phone. I can't seem to keep up with everything including blogging lately. I really need to get Internet back at my house. My husband is suppose to be working o.n it.
I've been wanting to blog about things that are working in my class and things that aren't. This is a good time as any.
What is working:
1. Read to self and read to someone is going great. I think my kids are getting better at reading everyday as we practice. I'm probably doing more of a reader's workshop than daily 5. I am loving Kim Adsit's packets on TPT for readers workshop and the things I've learned from Growing Readers.
2. Math work stations are slowly starting to come together. Yesterday it gave me a chance to work with a couple of kids that needed some more practice with what we had been working on.
3. Journal writing is going pretty well in my class. We write every morning as their morning work. I love not having to copy work for them everyday and that they are working on skills they need to work on.
Things that are not working:
1. Writing instruction - I feel like this is an area that I'm not very strong in. I just don't feel like I'm ver good at teaching writing. I am thinking of investing in deedee wills and Deanna jump's writing units. Anyone have any suggestions?
2. Incorporating the whole daily 5. Ihad one week where we got to work on words but this past 2 weeks we haven't ha time. Time management is one of the things not working.
3. Blogging. I haven't had time to blog like I would like. I don't know how to find time for everything. I don't know how moms do it all.
I ended up getting picked to serve o. N the jury so I'm finishing this post up while on a break.
What are things that are working and not working in your class?