Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday Monday

I really want to start offering freebies more consistently so I'm trying to link up with either manic Monday or Freebie Friday. I would love to offer a freebie and give you some great ideas about what is going on in my class. But it has been a Monday and I'm exhausted. So I'll make this short and sweet.
We've been working on nouns last week and this week. I thought they had a good handle on what were nouns and what weren't. But after grading their reading/language test for the week, I discovered they did not. So more practice is needed. I made a sort today that just has different words on cards. The words are nouns, adjectives and verbs. I didn't put any pictures with the words because I was making the activity quickly and I didn't want to have to search through clipart. I tried to focus on words I thought they would know. Today when we had a few minutes before lining up, I showed a card and they read the word and then told if it was noun or not. Tomorrow we're going to do a whole group sort with them. Then probably move it to a word work activity. If you think it is something you would use, please download it. I just ask that you leave me a little comment love.

I'm linking up with Classroom Freebies Manic Monday Post.Be sure to hop over there and see what other freebies can be found. Remember that I'm having a giveaway until Thursday. Check out this post to see what it's all about.
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and inviting me to visit yours. It's great!

    I am happy to let you know that I'm your newest follower :)

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by my little blog and commenting on my Brain Breaks freebie! You've loads of great stuff here, following along now so I don't miss anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Kerri,
    Great freebie, thanks. I was really just stopping by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete