Saturday, October 20, 2012

I've been BOOed!- sharing the love and fall activities

I keep apologizing for not blogging regularly and I still don't seem to be doing better. So maybe I'll quit apologizing. I did get one good post in this week. So I'm happy with that. I actually blogged about something that was useful. Anyway, I was booed twice this week. And they both had different rules.
I was booed by Natalie over at Teachery Tidbits.  I had the privilege of meeting Natalie over the summer when her family was visiting my town of Gatlinburg. We sat and talked for hours. It was great. As part of this boo party, Natalie gave me an item from her store. I got her Fall Fun Math Centers. I mean to print them out on Friday but my printer decided not to cooperate. So Monday morning I'll be printing these out and putting them in math work stations. They are perfect for what we are working on now. I know that I should follow the rules and boo a few more bloggers. But I just don't have the patience for finding some more bloggers. I was also booed by Jenny over at One Berry Blog. This party is all about sharing some Halloween resources. I thought I would share a couple of packets that my friends have been kind enough to share with me lately or that I bought on TPT. So here goes:
One activity that I recently bought was Abby from the Inspired Apple's Candy Corn bandit. I can't wait to use this with my kids. Last year was the first year that we weren't allowed to dress up for Halloween and have a party. I felt so bad for my kiddos so we had some fun anyway. This year I plan to do these activities. It will keep them moving and engaged all day long.Check it out by clicking on the title. She still has it for sale as I'm typing this on Saturday morning.

This awesome unit is from Caitlin Clabby at Kindergarten Smiles. It is her All About Bats! unit. It is awesome. It has so many great bat activities. My favorites are the labeling and bubble maps about Bats. I plan to use these next week when introducing writing information pieces. Next year when I'm back in kindergarten, we will be doing all these activities the week of Halloween. Check it out by clicking on the title.
This next unit is from Jennifer at Herding Kats in Kindergarten. It's her Fall Addition and Numbers Fun unit.  It has tons of great fall math activities that are perfect for where my class is right now. I printed off the addition matching activity and the graphing activity on Friday to get laminated for my upcoming math work stations. My kids are struggling with graphing and I love Jennifer's activity. She has a fall picture that the kids find and graph different items from. Then they answer questions on it. My kids are going to have a blast with this next week. Check it out by clicking on the title.
Those are just a few of the great Fall activities that are out there. Be sure to check these out!
Do you get to celebrate Halloween at school? If so how do you celebrate? I would love to hear about it!



1 comment:

  1. We'll be wearing costumes, doing a parade, and having a little party!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete