Friday, June 20, 2014

Five for Friday: Beach Addition

I hadn't planned on linking up this week since I'm on vacation. But I'm awake and Chris is not so here I am. 
If I am being real honest, this summer you will probably see more personal stuff than teachery stuff. At least for a little bit, this is just where I'm at. This week marks my twelfth week of pregnancy and the end of my first trimester. So my brain is really on home mode and baby mode and just relaxing. Hopefully that will be ok with you guys! If not, well don't read. Anyway, so here are  some pictures from the week.

1. This has been my view all week. I am not sleeping great so usually I get up and sit on the porch for a little bit and check things out on the iPad before Chris gets up. Today is our last day.


2. We celebrated our 2 year anniversary. There is this restaurant we like here called The Bistro. They have great food, great drinks(not for me). And delicious dessert. But they were closed Monday so we went Tuesday! Here is my present from Chris. I have been wanting a bracelet like this for a while but he did a great job picking out the beads. The pearly one is for my birthstone and the turquoise one is for the baby's and his. 


3. I posted Tuesday about the books I had read so far. I think my total for this trip is 8 books and I'm working on the 9th. Here are a couple more I read and enjoyed. 
This is part of the Stephanie Plum series. I love this series. Stephanie Plum is a bounty hunter who has 2 love interest who are equally appealing, a side kick who used to be a prostitute, and a hilarious grandmother. She lives in New Jersey and has a knack for getting in trouble. Love these. I read this one in a morning. 
This one is a young adult book I read about on someone's blog. I enjoyed it greatly. The main character Georges is easy to love as he navigates some big changes to his life. 
I have been wanting to read this one for a while but didn't really want to buy it. No idea why not, but Chris finished his books he brought and we had to take a trip to Barnes and Noble to get him something else to read. So I picked it up and started it last night. So far I'm intrigued.

4. While we've been on vacation we've been discussing the nursery and what to do with all our stuff. Here are a couple of things I pinned for some inspiration.


We're going with a Hawaiian Beach theme. I'm in love with this mobile and hopefully will be able to recreate it.

5. This picture is technically from last week of my baby bump. I think it has gotten bigger this week. So weird how it pops out. I haven't taken a new picture yet.


So that's my Five For Friday. Be sure to head over to Doodle Bugs Teaching and check the party out! 

4 comments:

  1. I'm visiting form Doodle Bugs linky! Sounds like you've had a wonderful week at the beach!! Your nursery theme is so cute!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your pregnancy! I am 21 weeks now and can totally relate. Have fun with your bracelet. I've had a Pandora one for years and am waiting for my baby bead!

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have had a relaxing vacation. We head out this weekend. Not sure how I will make it without social media. Happy you were able to check in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I leave for vacation on Monday so I am in the excited mode and hopefully it will not fly by! Congrats on the baby bump! The nursery is adorable. I can't wait to see how you will recreate it. Safe travels home.

    Bagby
    Get Your Science on in Room 701

    ReplyDelete