Friday, September 5, 2014

Currently

I'm finally finding time to link up with my favorite party of the month, Farley's Currently. I started a blog post on Sunday about my plans for the week but it never got finished. This week was crazy. Short weeks always are. So here's my currently!

Not only did I have the short week most of us did getting Monday off, I took today off too. My hubby had a continuing education conference this weekend so I am tagging along. One of my friends is calling it our Babymoon! The conference is in St. Simon's Island. So I'm planning on hanging out at the pool while he is in class. But the pool wasn't open yet and we couldn't check in so Starbucks it is. I'm pretty nosy and the chatter here is cracking me up. There are these older women who brought their own cake and they have been passing it to other people. 
Our state is mandating a RTI program this year and we are starting Monday. I don't feel like we're ready to start at all. We have done our universal screener but we really haven't been trained to do the scripted program we are required to do or how to analyze the data. I know who my group is and I'll meet with them Tuesday. And it will be ok! I loop with my kids so usually by now I am in a good routine. But this year has been full of changes. I have had 6 new kids added to my class and 3 of those came in one day on the 8th day of school. Then next week we are starting RTI. I've been working on the kids doing centers during this time and we are slowly getting there. It will come with some 5 day weeks.
Chris and I still have a lot of work to do on the nursery. Last weekend we hauled off a bunch of stuff to giveaway and books to sell so we're making small amounts of progress. We registered for stuff over the weekend and picked out our furniture. I am 24 weeks so we still have some time but it's getting closer.  Here's a recent bany bump picture Chris took.

My list of trips I want to go on are pretty self explanatory. I think I've wanted to go to Greece since watching The a sisterhood of the traveling pants. I love Greek food and it looks so beautiful. I want to go to Scotland because of all the books I ve read set there. I'm still working my way through The Outlander Series. Last I want to take a cross country road trip with Chris. About 5 years ago I drove to California with my bestie Katie to help her move. We had a blast and there is so much more I want to see. Plus I just love taking trips with Chris.
So that's my currently. Hopefully I can get into a groove soon and get back to blogging and creating. I  need this outlet. Be sure to head over to Farley's and check out the party.

4 comments:

  1. Haha! Love the "BUMP" picture. Very cute - Congratulations! You're 100% right about short weeks; they are crazy from start, allllll the way to finish! Happy Friday ;)

    SOOTHE Her Soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to take off & enjoy the weekend trip to the GA coast!

    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greece is one of the vacations that I want to go on too! It is so beautiful. Congrats and good luck with your upcoming addition to your family!

    Found your blog through Currently! Would love for you to head over and check out my blog…

    Lindsay
    If You Give a Teacher a Treat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog on Currently! Congrats on your new baby. My daughter is a physical Therapist and blogs a ton about child development and great equipment to use for the new baby. (Her baby is a year now) You might want to check out her site. www.pinkoatmeal.com

    ReplyDelete