Wednesday, July 2, 2014

It's Currently Time!

It's time for my favorite part of the month, Farley's Currently Party. I love reading these and seeing just a glimpse into everyone's lives. I think that probably means I'm nosy. Although to some extent I guess reading blogs feeds into nosiness.  I have set a goal for myself of blogging 3 times a week this summer but it hasn't happened yet. But it's a goal so I'm striving to meet it every week. I found this app, Weekly and it helps track goals. I'm loving it. I love marking when I meet a goal and it helps me know what I need to do everyday.
Here's a screenshot of mine:

Anyway, on to the party. Here's my currently.

Every morning (Well most mornings), I get up, read my Bible and then turn on the Today show. I actually kind of know what is going on in the world during the summer. Kind of.
I have just been loving summer and having time to cook, exercise, spend with my family and friends. It has been so nice. But I'm coming to realize that there is not a lot of summer left. The first of July means this is the last month. Once August starts, I'm back in school mode. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. I had to have my glucose test early and it wasn't too bad. Of course, I haven't gotten my results yet. But my next appointment will be when we find out whether it is a boy or a girl. I can't wait to know! Chris and I had talked about doing some kind of gender reveal but I'm not sure what we'll do. Our appointment is a Monday and Monday isn't really a great day for a party. And I'm not sure I can wait until the weekend.
So with the realization that July is here comes all the realization that I need to get my rear in gear and get my projects done for the summer. I haven't gotten anything accomplished yet. The past 5 days have been a little off. Chris's uncle passed away unexpectedly on Thursday night so we had a lot of family time over the weekend and Monday. Which is what you need to do during this time. Chris is gone this week with the Boy scouts camping for scout camp. So I'm hoping to get a few things done while he's gone. I think I'm finally rested up from the long few days we've had. I could've gone camping with them but camping is just not all that fun when you're pregnant. Getting up multiple times in the middle of the night while camping just isn't fun. But I am going to go up on the Fourth and spend the night. They are only about an hour and half away but I don't want to drive over the big mountain late at night. So that's what I'm currently up to! Be sure to head over to Farley's and check out everyone else's currently. Be sure to leave some comment love!

4 comments:

  1. Aaaaah!! Finding out the gender of your baby is THE most exciting thing ever! Congrats on your pregnancy! I love the Today show, too, but I never have the time to enjoy it because I lost control of my TV six years ago when I had kiddos. :)

    Susie
    Shafer's Shenanigans 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the baby! You could do a small gender-reveal cook out on a Monday if you wanted to. Something simple and small. I don't know if I could wait til the weekend either.

    My Kinder-Garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be so exciting to find out what you are having. I know I couldn't wait...all three times...lol. I don't think I could wait for the weekend either. I agree the summer is going by sooo fast. Thanks for sharing about Weekly the app. That sounds like just what I need. I am going to go download it and give it a try. Enjoy your holiday camping...I agree a week of camping while pregnant would not be my idea of fun...one night would be enough. Come to think of it I don't ever camp...I trailer...lol. The conveniences of home while in the outdoors, that's my kind of camping.

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  4. I checked out Farley's "currently" for the time and decided to check out your blog because I've also been a Krazy Kerry and taught in Kindergarten in the past! :) I'm no longer with the Kinders, but I guess I thought I was the only one! Who Knew! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete