Friday, August 2, 2013

August Currently

I am so thankful to Farley for her monthly currently party. Especially this time of year. My brain is in overload and a simple currently post is just what I need.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that finds themselves crying over what is on the Today show sometimes. It just breaks my heart sometimes. I'm getting so excited about our last hurrah of the summer. It will be so nice to go on a trip with my family. I can't wait to see my sweet niece at the beach.  I have been busy all week working on different things. Today was the first day I've slept in all week. But I do have some things to work on like sorting math manipulatives, creating some labels and forms on the computer, sewing a couple of special chair pockets. So I should probably get dressed and get busy. I have started laundry and cleaned up the kitchen some so I haven't been a complete bum. I've been wanting an ipad for a while now. I thought I would try out one of the other tablets but I haven't heard good things.
I think my b2s must haves are pretty self explanatory. I considered getting an Erin Condren planner but I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money. I found one at Target that had a lot of space for writing and a blank cover. I tried decorating it with Washi tape but a lot of came off. I might try my hand at it again. Since I didn't get the expensive planner I went with some fun flair pens to color code my schedule. Scrapbook paper is a must for making things in my room. I used it for die cutting letters for my bulletin board and for the backs of cards for games. The last is iced coffee. I gave up diet coke about 3 months ago. So now my only caffeine source is coffee. I love McDonald's iced coffee with no sweetener.
Be sure to head over to Farley's and join the party. It's a lot of fun!



5 comments:

  1. I almost didn't buy the Erin planner because it IS so expensive...but once I had it in my hands...I have to admit I think it was worth the money. It's very well made and has everything I could possibly want!

    I got an iPad 3 summers ago and I can't live without it! There are so many good uses for it in the classroom.

    Raye
    The Caffeinated Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also splurged and bought myself the Erin planner this year? I am crossing my finger that it's all I was hoping for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got some fun flair pens too :) I've been writing lots just so I can use them lol

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    {Thanks for stopping by my blog! I tried to reply to your comment, but you are a no-reply blogger! You can email me asunnydayinfirstgrade@gmail.com and I can help you fix it if you want to :)}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want an iPad soooo bad!!! However, we now have 5 for our 1st grade classroom!!! I'm beyond excited!!!

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I'm not the only one who cries while watching The Today Show! It's a good thing my husband isn't home, he would definitely tease me for it. I like the Target calendars way better than the Erin Condren planner. It just wasn't for me. I like the simplicity of the Target ones.

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete